Enjoy the fresh, spring air safely by following these top tips when out and about in the beautiful Berkshire countryside.
With more people enjoying the outdoors than ever before, Natural England have refreshed the Countryside Code , it has been revised to help people enjoy the countryside in a safe and respectful way. Here’s what you need to know:
- Please respect those living in, working in and enjoying the countryside. Be sure to be nice, say hello and share the space.
- Make sure you keep to the footpaths to help protect crops and wildlife.
- Leave gates and property as you find them.
- Slow down or stop for horses, walkers and farm animals and give them plenty of room.
- Don’t block gateways, driveways or paths with your vehicle.
- If you’re on your bike, give way to walkers and horse-riders on bridleways.
- Keep away from machinery and farm animals.
- If you’re worried about something, try to alert the farmer.
- Although you might think you are being kind, feeding animals can cause them harm. Please do not feed livestock, horses or wild animals.